I am so very thankful for...
- Everytime we point a camera at Boston he squints his eyes like he is preparing for a bright flash. It is my favorite thing he does.
- My one night away with Ben soon after Boston was born, we went to the coast for our anniversary. It was a wonderful day/night of jacuzzi bath tubs, moose crunch carmel corn and lots of sleep and of course a little monopoly deal in bed. And the best part was the whole trip was free :)
- My profession...I get lots of free stuff and trips, 2010 was a big travel year for us and it was mostly on the house. Boston is now mobile, I think we will take a few years off.
- For Ben getting a job, glad he is working everyday (hope that someday he will get paid for all of his hard work)
- My mom... she is a life saver and loves watching Boston. She has taught him so many things, like how to go up and down stairs, how to say dog...and thanks to the "My Baby Can Read" program, he will be a genius in no time (well, we will see, we have some skeptics around here)
- Seeing Alaska was amazing, I can check it off my list now.
- Winning that free trip and going to Hawaii with my best friend Jen, Jason and Ben, it was an amazing trip.
- Rocking Boston to sleep one night and the moment I realized how much I love him bringing tears to my eyes
- When once in a blue moon Ben tells me I am beautiful or brings me flowers just because
- Finding the $45 from the when will Boston actually be born bet on my desk a few weeks before Christmas.
- The few cozy nights where Ben and I just decided to read together in bed instead of watching TV or playing video games.
- Any kickboxing class where I got all the steps right and sweat a lot.
- Dain, Ben's best friend, watching him complete the Iron Man was truly inspirational and almost made me cry. I wish I were half the athlete he is.
- The best thing I ate last year had to be this yummy butterfish we ate in Hawaii at the most beautiful restaurant right on the ocean at sunset. I think it was really the whole experience, because I can't believe that the best thing I ever ate in 2010 would be fish, it would have to be a cake of some sort, right?
- The strong bond that Ben and Boston made, I can just tell.
- For my testimony, it has been tried and tested and has only been made stronger. 2011 will have to be lived with a lot of faith this year and knowing that we will be okay financially...somehow.
- All the times that Ben and mom watched Boston when I was out of town. I am not thankful for the time I was away, just the fact that I have them in my life to take care of my cutie pie.
- For writing this blog and realizing that 2010 was actually a great year... minus The International Ecotourism Society and the time I lost working on that conference. Afterall there would have been no free Alaska trip without them.
This blog layout is called the measure of time...what that means to me is, make the most of it this year and be thankful for the time we have together.
Thank you to all of my friends and family, love you and happy new year!