Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
My nephew Bryan came home from his mission. It was so fun at the airport with the whole family there. He came home to a new foster brother and sister. A 14 year sister that grew into a teenager. And to Boston, almost 2 years old and he had never met him! Of course we all grew a little in some way, shape or form. Glad he is home!
|Bryan returns home from his mission in Brazil!|
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
That is what we have been up to around here. Well, we have also been camping, swimming, riding bikes and growing too...at least Boston has been! Yep little Ben number 2, he is looking just like him but a little cuter because he has some Corley in there too somewhere. Love you honey (both of you)!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
|The bedroom before|
|The hallway before|
|The bathroom...no before pics, but hey it was a bathroom :)|
|The riverview room/family/dining room|
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Ben does not love my new projects. But maybe when I make a little money here and there he will.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Love this video, sorry it ends on a cry. But that is kind of how our days go lately...some fun, some smiles and laughs, happy then sad and then well you may know...arched backs and tantrums on the floor :) Yay for toddlers...
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Then we would drop off all the fruits of our labor at the boutique and hope they sold!
I have always tried to keep and foster that creative gene. Through college I was a business major and then an interior architecture major and then I finally changed for good to a hospitality major. All those art classes were enjoyable though eventually I traded up for traveling.
Anywho here are few crafts I have been working on the past few months...
My entrance for the Makia Craft contest....not the most original idea but it is made of wood and it was fun to make.
I made this quilt for my best friend Jen and her new baby Capri (entering world soon). I love the dalia pattern that I made up and quilted on the front. It is the coziest blanket ever!
Friday, February 25, 2011
Here is a little update of our situation (and then you get cute pictures). If you don't know yet, Ben is looking for a new job. One that pays a salary :) Ben has had two interviews for a Credit Analyst that went well. We are just waiting there, while he applies for 5 jobs a day and waits for other calls. I think he really would like to have a government job, so we are exploring options there too. I have had one and have another one next week for a Senior Event Manager. Not sure how I feel yet about going back to work....just relying on faith to get me through.
Here is our cutie, that is babbling daily, exploring everywhere and is learning his signs. He can say banana (nannnannna), thank you (tank you) and cheese (eeeese?) and of course mama and dada.
Loving every minute of my last days before busy season is upon us and I start traveling again, which would be tomorrow. Stay warm this winter!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Happy Superbowl Sunday! In honor of the GB Packers winning today we are posting this video of our young athlete, Boston!
And a special THANK YOU to Michelle and Aaron for generously giving us their Flip camera... Loving it! (I think of you every time we break it out because of the engagement picture printed on the front) We recently went up to Seattle for my friend Tev's 50th birthday, but had the chance to stay one night with Michelle (my old roommate) and Aaron. They gave us the Flip and also a beautiful rug. Hmmmm, we are searching right now for things to give them for when they come visit us sometime this spring!
Seattle was as lovely as ever. And Tev's party was fabulous and quaint, a special dinner for 12 with her closest friends. And the amazing pedicures beforehand were a special treat from her. Thank you Tev!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
I have lost 10 pounds so far, thanks to my combo of Jillian Michael's Master your Metabolism Book and the Couch to 5K program. Yep, I have finally come to realize that after 34 (almost 35) years there is no secret to weight loss. Well there is and it is.....ready...... eating less bad stuff, more good stuff and lots of exercise. So me and Boston have been wogging (walking/jogging for those not familiar with the term) our butts off for two weeks now. Add in a few turbo jams, yoga, kick boxing and Jillian's 30 day shred program and wha...la, 10 pounds off!
I love when Boston is in the stroller and about half way through when I am breathing really heavy he realizes I am there, turns around and just smiles a me. Talk about motivation!
I have been working a little here and there, in which I like not being busy. But my mom just insists on taking care of little B even if I don't have work, so I get a few hours of me time to workout or whatever.
Ben just closed his first loan. Wish we had more of those lying around. But still a tiny bit exciting.
We are going to Seattle tomorrow for my friend Tev's 50th Birthday, just me and Ben! Should be a nice getaway in our free hotel room that I won. We also will get to see my old roommate Michelle and her new baby June. And my friend from Hyatt Jessica and her new baby, Beau (only 12 days old).
So for the most part, even though we are little poor, life is good and we are happy! That is all that counts right!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
I am so very thankful for...
- Everytime we point a camera at Boston he squints his eyes like he is preparing for a bright flash. It is my favorite thing he does.
- My one night away with Ben soon after Boston was born, we went to the coast for our anniversary. It was a wonderful day/night of jacuzzi bath tubs, moose crunch carmel corn and lots of sleep and of course a little monopoly deal in bed. And the best part was the whole trip was free :)
- My profession...I get lots of free stuff and trips, 2010 was a big travel year for us and it was mostly on the house. Boston is now mobile, I think we will take a few years off.
- For Ben getting a job, glad he is working everyday (hope that someday he will get paid for all of his hard work)
- My mom... she is a life saver and loves watching Boston. She has taught him so many things, like how to go up and down stairs, how to say dog...and thanks to the "My Baby Can Read" program, he will be a genius in no time (well, we will see, we have some skeptics around here)
- Seeing Alaska was amazing, I can check it off my list now.
- Winning that free trip and going to Hawaii with my best friend Jen, Jason and Ben, it was an amazing trip.
- Rocking Boston to sleep one night and the moment I realized how much I love him bringing tears to my eyes
- When once in a blue moon Ben tells me I am beautiful or brings me flowers just because
- Finding the $45 from the when will Boston actually be born bet on my desk a few weeks before Christmas.
- The few cozy nights where Ben and I just decided to read together in bed instead of watching TV or playing video games.
- Any kickboxing class where I got all the steps right and sweat a lot.
- Dain, Ben's best friend, watching him complete the Iron Man was truly inspirational and almost made me cry. I wish I were half the athlete he is.
- The best thing I ate last year had to be this yummy butterfish we ate in Hawaii at the most beautiful restaurant right on the ocean at sunset. I think it was really the whole experience, because I can't believe that the best thing I ever ate in 2010 would be fish, it would have to be a cake of some sort, right?
- The strong bond that Ben and Boston made, I can just tell.
- For my testimony, it has been tried and tested and has only been made stronger. 2011 will have to be lived with a lot of faith this year and knowing that we will be okay financially...somehow.
- All the times that Ben and mom watched Boston when I was out of town. I am not thankful for the time I was away, just the fact that I have them in my life to take care of my cutie pie.
- For writing this blog and realizing that 2010 was actually a great year... minus The International Ecotourism Society and the time I lost working on that conference. Afterall there would have been no free Alaska trip without them.
This blog layout is called the measure of time...what that means to me is, make the most of it this year and be thankful for the time we have together.
Thank you to all of my friends and family, love you and happy new year!